We at Freeport East Ltd are committed to protecting your privacy. This privacy notice sets out how we use and protect any information that you give us when you use our website:
We reserve the right to revise this policy at any time and we will ensure this page reflects our current policy. You should check this page regularly to ensure that you are satisfied with our policy. This policy is effective from 9th October 2023.
UK GDPR Article 5 provides us with the main responsibilities to abide by, to ensure that personal data is:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes;
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary;
- Accurate and kept up to date;
- Kept for no longer than is necessary; and
- Processed securely.
For further information on our responsibilities, please see the ICO website.
As Freeport East Ltd, we regard the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as critical to our successful operations, maintaining confidence between our company and those with whom we carry out business. We will ensure that we treat personal information correctly, in accordance with the law. We fully endorse and adhere to the principles of data protection as set out in the UK GDPR and DPA 2018.
All personal information provided by you is held securely and in confidence by us in our computerised and other records. When we process your personal information, we do so in compliance with UK GDPR and DPA 2018. We maintain strict security standards and procedures with a view to preventing unauthorised access to your data.
We undertake regular testing of our IT systems. We use leading technologies, such as data encryption, fire walls and service authentication to protect the security of your data. All our staff and all third parties we may hire are required to observe our privacy standards and must complete privacy training.
One of the main responsibilities we have is that we process and hold your personal data securely. The UK GDPR and DPA 2018 state that special personal data requires more protection and additional conditions for Processing. We will process any special personal information only for the purposes for which you provide it, unless permitted by law.
We will always treat any data breach as a serious issue, and all potential breaches will be thoroughly investigated.
What We Collect
Gathering of non-personally-identifying Information.
Like most website operators, we collect non-personally-identifying information that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site and the date and time of each visitor request. The purpose in collecting non-personally-identifying information is to better understand how visitors use our website. We may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate (e.g. by publishing trend reports on the usage of the website).
We also collect potentially personally-identifying information (PII) i.e. Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. We do not use this information to identify users of our website and we do not disclose this information, other than under the same circumstances that we use and disclose personally-identifying information, as described below.
Gathering of Personally Identifying Information
Some visitors to our website choose to interact with us in ways that require us to gather personally-identifying information (PII). The amount and type of information that we gather depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, a visitor may choose to provide information through our Contact Form in order for us to follow up enquiries. We do not disclose PII other than as described below.
Aggregated Statistics and Reports
We may choose to collect statistics about the behaviour of users of our website, which we may include in public reports. As an example, we may publish the number of downloads a particular resource had, or what features of our website are the most popular. We do not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Information
We disclose potentially personally-identifying information and personally-identifying information (PII) only to our employees, contractors and affiliated organisations that:
- Need to know specific information in order to process it on our behalf or to provide services to our website and have agreed not to disclose it to others; some of these employees, contractors and affiliated organisations may be located outside of your home country – by using our website you consent to the transfer of information to them.
- We will never rent or sell potentially personally-identifying information and personally-identifying information to anyone.
- Other than to our employees, contractors and affiliated organisations as described above, we disclose potentially personally-identifying information and personally-identifying information only when required to do so by law, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Freeport East, third parties, or the public at large.
If you are a user with general public and anonymous access, this website does not store or capture personal information but merely logs the user’s IP address that is automatically recognised by the web server.